1) Introduction: Marshall Newhouse started 31 games for the Packers from 2011-2012, 28 at left tackle. Based on the number of sacks/hits/hurries he allowed, that’s less a compliment to Newhouse and more an indictment of the sorry state of the Packers tackle position, with a big help from the Packers’ recurring injury issues.
- Age: 25
- Born: 9/29/1988 in Dallas, TX.
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 319
- College: Texas Christian
- Rookie Year: 2013
- NFL Experience: 4 years
3) Expectations coming into the season: Marshall Newhouse entered the 2013 season expected to compete for the starting right tackle spot with Don Barclay. Newhouse would be looking to regain his mojo and some of the promise he flashed early in his career.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Lowlights? Any game he played a significant number of snaps. In 2.5 games as a starter against the Eagles, Giants and Vikings, Newhouse was credited with a combined 16 QB hits/hurries/sacks. Highlights? Being inactive in 7 games.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: Played a total of 261 snaps with two starts when Barclay was injured. Was mysteriously insert at guard for a few plays against the Lions and was then quickly benched.
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: Played 11 snaps after Baktiari suffered a concussion in the 4th quarter. Did nothing of substance, but also did nothing that really hurt the Packers in that short stint.
Season Report Card:
(F) Level of expectations met during the season
(D-) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(C) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: D-——————
Follow Jersey Al:
Follow @JerseyAlGBP Add to Circleson
Jersey Al Bracco is the founder and editor of AllGreenBayPackers.com, and the co-founder of Packers Talk Radio Network. He can be heard as one of the Co-Hosts on Cheesehead Radio and is the Green Bay Packers Draft Analyst for Drafttek.com.
8 thoughts on “Marshall Newhouse 2013 Green Bay Packers Evaluation and Report Card”
that should have been an f he is a lazy waste of space he may have the right size but he does not wish to use it . maybe flipping burgers at burger king might make him want to actually play football
Burger King is out, I don’t think he has the footwork to make the “gilbert burger”!
Every time Newhouse is on the field, I cringe.
Can the Packers get a refund?
Sue him for fraud for impersonating a NFL offensive lineman?
Run him out of town on a rail?
Move the facilities and just not tell him?
Why is he still on the team? He has a good profile for an OT, but that’s it. With everyone healthy next year and an OL draft pick there should be no room for him on the roster. Chuck him! Thanks, Since ’61
And to think that this guy gets paid to do what he does, or i should say, what he doesn’t do, and that would be block.
If the goal is to put a blocker on the field that could potentially get your franchise QB killed, then Newhouse makes a lot of sense
Having Newhouse start solidifies the fact that TT and MM have a couple screws loose.
Comments are closed.