Happy Easter to all of our loyal readers from me and his entire crew here at ALLGBP.com. Here’s hoping everyone has the opportunity to spend the day with family, friends, good food, and a cold beverage or four. If you’re not able to spend the day that way, thank you for whatever it is you’re doing — serving in the military, working at a business that’s open on holidays, serving the public as a police officer, firefighter, or something else important.
We all appreciate it.
Easter egg hunts are always popular with the kids on this day. If NFL commissioner Roger Goodell sent all 32 teams on an Easter egg hunt today, here are the three eggs I’d hope the Packers would find.
1. The egg that contains a stud middle linebacker. The middle of the Packers defense still appears to be a little squishy. This franchise is long overdue for a good inside linebacker to solidify it.
2. The healthy quarterback egg. Aaron Rodgers has suffered an injury two seasons in a row. The Easter bunny needs to leave a special egg for the Packers that will keep Rodgers fully healthy in 2015.
3. An egg that contained $10. That way the Packers could bid on the Jay Cutler autographed football that didn’t get any bids at a recent charity auction.
What other Easter eggs would you like the Packers to find during the hunt?
Packers News, Notes and Links
- Best of luck to CheeseheadTV writer and longtime friend of ALLGBP.com Brian Carriveau as he embarks on a new professional venture. Brian’s been around the Packers’ blogosphere longer than I have, and that’s a long time. When it comes to solid, insightful and level-headed Packers’ analysis, Brian is one of the best in the business.
- The Packers re-signed nose tackles B.J. Raji and Letroy Guion on Monday, but both players will have to earn their salaries. Of the two, only Raji got any guaranteed money ($500,000). Both players have incentives and roster bonuses that are certainly achievable, but even so, these are solid, safe deals for the Packers. I thought Raji for sure would be able to command a little more on the open market.
- What was your favorite Jamari Lattimore moment in Green Bay? Yeah, I can’t think of one either…
- If Shaq Thompson falls to the Packers in the actual NFL draft like he does in this Acme Packing Co. mock, I’ll leap through my ceiling.
- It might be the offseaosn, but the Packers Talk Radio network is still cranking out podcasts. Get all caught up on what you might have missed here.
Non Packers links and other Nonsense
- I wouldn’t classify myself as a Badgers fan, but watching last night’s Wisconsin win over Kentucky with my in-laws who are small dairy farmers in Central Wisconsin was a helluva lot of fun.
- Sounds like Minneapolis is the frontrunner to host Wrestlemania 33. Attending a Wrestlemania is a close second on my list of things to do before I die, right behind being in the building when the Packers win a Super Bowl.
- Moving into a new home and getting really busy at work hasn’t allowed me the time to play Out of the Park Baseball 16. That’ll change this week. Expect a full review next Sunday.
Adam Czech is a a freelance sports reporter living in the Twin Cities and a proud supporter of American corn farmers. When not working, Adam is usually writing about, thinking about or worrying about the Packers. Follow Adam on Twitter. Twitter .