1) Introduction: Jeff Janis is a 7th round pick from Saginaw Valley State and is arguably the greatest thing that has ever happened to the Green Bay Packers or maybe football in general. Gravity is the only thing that can hold Janis down long enough to keep him from blowing past any of his projected ceilings. (Sarcasm font is on… just having a little fun with this one.)
- Age: 23
- Born: June 24, 1991
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 219
- College: Saginaw Valley State
- Rookie Year: 2014
- NFL Experience: Rookie
3) Expectations coming into the season: Expectations were low for Janis entering the season, however as fans started to see what kind of player they had on their hands, it is safe to say those expectations changed. No record will be safe once Janis is on the loose.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Coach McCarthy and Shawn Slocum have kept the reigns on Janis for this season to ensure no other players became deterred and suffered some kind of performance issues due to their jealous limitations. Because of that Janis only was active for a couple of games and saw very limited snaps. The highlight of the season for Janis came on a road trip to Chicago that saw him surpass a score of two hundred in Flappy Bird. The low-light of his season came after the game in Chicago when he was informed that Flappy Bird was no longer considered cool and no one cared about his high score.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: Jeff Janis was the motivation behind every single win this year for the Packers. Letting the team know he was finally content with how the team performed with 5 minutes to go in the NFC Championship game is the number one reason for why the team lost. They simply saw no reason to compete, now that they finally achieved their season’s goal.
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: At halftime of the Dallas game, Janis placed a hand on Rodgers’ calf, whispered something, and then had Aaron take a swig out of Janis’ Gatorade bottle labeled, “Jeff’s secret stuff.” The rest is history.
7) Intangibles: Have now been renamed to Janises.
Season Report Card (Player Grades):
(JJ) Level of expectations met during the season
(JJ) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(JJ) Contributions to team during the playoffs
(JJ) Ability to be Jeff Janis
Overall Grade: There is a new letter before “A” in the alphabet, that letter is a double jay. JJ——————
Mike Reuter lives in the Twin Cities and is a graduate of the University of St. Thomas. He is a mobile tech enthusiast, a 19 year Gopher Football season ticket holder and a huge Packers fan. Mike is a writer with AllGreenBayPackers.com and you can follow him on twitter at @uofmike.