1) Introduction: It was another underachieving season for the big and athletic Wilson. After a good rookie season in 2010, Wilson hasn’t been able to take the next step.
- Age: 24
- Born: 3/30/1987 in Bellhaven, NC
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 305
- College: East Carolina
- Rookie Year: 2010
- NFL Experience: 4 years
3) Expectations coming into the season: Get back to the promise of his rookie season. The piano-playing Wilson looked like a big run-stopper who was quick enough to get after the quarterback during the Packers Super Bowl season. Unfortunately, he hasn’t been able to follow it up.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Wilson has missed significant time each of the last two seasons and only played in eight games in 2013. He also went from playing 355 snaps last season to just 123 this season. Wilson made the most of his 27 snaps against the Vikings in week 12. But after hurrying Christian Ponder a few times and having some success corralling Adrian Peterson, he left with an injury.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: He was another body to throw in on the defensive line. Unfortunately, there’s not much more to say than that. I don’t think Wilson is done in Green Bay — he’s big enough and quick enough to be effective and the Packers d-line is up in the air for 2014 — but he’s going to have to start producing.
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: In 19 snaps, I don’t remember Wilson doing much of anything.
Season Report Card:
(D-) Level of expectations met during the season
(D) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(D-) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: D-——————
Adam Czech is a a freelance sports reporter living in the Twin Cities and a proud supporter of American corn farmers. When not working, Adam is usually writing about, thinking about or worrying about the Packers. Follow Adam on Twitter. Twitter .