Welcome to our weekly update for the AllGreenBayPackers.com Fantasy Football League! For those that are unaware, the AllGBP.com staff started a league this year to see who could take home the trophy between them and some of their readers. Please continue to check back each week as the drama unfolds, and don’t at all hesitate to throw around the smack talk! Who knows . . . maybe you could be throwing down the gauntlet with us next season.
Week 2 Results:
- Rockwood Lodge (108.14)
over Jordy’s Stiff Arm (64.96)
- The Gilbert Browns (101.10)
over St. Cecilia’s HS (81.64)
- Salute Your Jorts (136.72)
over Calvinball (121.34)
- Finley Named My Kids (160.70)
over Cheeseheads (75.50)
- Lambeau’s Legens (138.70)
over TouchedByTedThompson (102.94)
- SuperBowl or Bust (107.74)
over Milwaukee Packers (85.96)
- The Gilbert Browns, Adam Czech (2-0-0)
- Rockwood Lodge, Marques Eversoll (1-1-0)
- Salute Your Jorts, Kris Burke (1-1-0)
- St. Cecilia’s HS, “Jersey” Al Bracco (1-1-0)
- Jordy’s Stiff Arm, Chad Toporski (1-1-0)
- Calvinball, Thomas Hobbes (0-2-0)
- Finley Named My Kids, Sam (2-0-0)
- Lambeau’s Legends, Henry (1-1-0)
- SuperBowl or Bust, Earl (1-1-0)
- Cheeseheads, Matt (1-1-0)
- Milwaukee Packers, gbmb34 (1-1-0)
- TouchedByTedThompson, Ian (0-2-0)
- Finley Named My Kids – With all the potential of JMike, but without the drops, this team blew the league out of the water with a 160.70 point win in Week 2. A starting roster full of top performers plus a deep bench should keep them competitive all season.
- Lambeau’s Legends – After losing by less than 2 points in Week 1, the Lambeau Legends came back with a strong performance to beat out TouchedByTedThompson. They’ve got some big names in Victor Cruz, Roddy White, and Arian Foster, and yet they still left some points on the bench this week.
- Rockwood Lodge – It was a frustrating first week for this team as they lost by a mere 0.64 points to rookie fantasy footballer “Jersey” Al, but they came back with a vengeance to avoid the Stiff Arm in Week 2. There’s nothing flashy about this team, but as their name implies, they should stay solid like a rock.
- Salute Your Jorts – Despite boasting the second-worst performance in Week 1, the Jorts rode Cam Newton, Hakeem Nicks, and Vernon Davis to a close victory over Calvinball. (Green Bay’s defense also added a good chunk to the pot.) The question remains: can they withstand the test of the bye weeks with such a thin bench?
- SuperBowl or Bust – Losing to the number one scoring team in Week 1 always hurts, because they could have won against 8 of the other teams with their score. Though they might not be riding the Cadillac to the playoffs, they could still get there a la the tortoise against the hare. With Brady and Gronkowski on the roster, they can always count on a consistent number of points each week.
- Calvinball – Despite being 0-2, Calvinball has potential. RGIII has been producing well, and they’ve got some solid running backs in Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Trent Richardson. If they can trade away a tight end for an upgrade at wide receiver, they might just have a good chance at the title.
- Cheeseheads – Talk about multiple personality disorder. After being the top producer in Week 1, the Cheeseheads dropped down to second to last in Week 2. They left a lot of points on the bench, but some of their players just simply let them down. They have the potential to bounce back, but injuries and questions about the line-up from week to week could make it a challenge.
- The Gilbert Browns – It may seem odd to put a 2-0 team in the bottom half of the rankings, but they’ve just been in the middle of the pack each week with their numbers. They’ve been blessed to face some of the lower scorers in their first two matchups. Nevertheless, they certainly shouldn’t be counted out with the likes of Drew Brees, Julio Jones, and Frank Gore as starters.
- St. Cecilia’s HS – Our newbie to the world of fantasy football (who came kicking and screaming… or so I’m told) put up a good fight in week one. Alas, that didn’t continue in Week 2. Is beginner’s luck already beginning to fade, or was it just the wrong week to be playing Jay Cutler and Ahmad Bradshaw? Time will tell.
- Milwaukee Packers – The Packers from another city squeaked by in a Week 1 win, regardless off their low-scoring performance. Things aren’t looking so hot, as even there bench points in Week 2 would have only given them just enough to win against SuperBowl or Bust. They may be hanging out at the breweries for most of this season, drinking their sorrows away.
- Jordy’s Stiff Arm – Could there have been a more disappointing performance from the combined likes of Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, and Brandon Marshall this week? That and poor roster management by keeping Antonio Gates in the line-up were killers for the Stiff Arm in Week 2. They dropped this one just like Jordy did against the Bears.
- TouchedByTedThompson – Someone should have told this team that there’s no draft and develop philosophy in fantasy football. They had a decent showing in Week 2, but their first week was downright atrocious with the lowest score in all the matchups. There are some decent players on their roster, but decent will only get you so far, especially with Matt Forte out on the injured list.
Week 3 Match-Ups:
Jordy’s Stiff Arm @ Salute Your Jorts
Rockwood Lodge @ The Gilbert Browns
St. Cecilia’s HS @ Calvinball
Finley Named My Kids @ Lambeau’s Legends
TouchedByTedThompson @ SuperBowl or Bust
Cheeseheads @ Milwaukee Packers