1) Introduction: Marshall Newhouse started 31 games for the Packers from 2011-2012, 28 at left tackle. Based on the number of sacks/hits/hurries he allowed, that’s less a compliment to Newhouse and more an indictment of the sorry state of the Packers tackle position,Â with a big help from the Packers’ recurring injury issues.
- Age:Â 25
- Born:Â 9/29/1988 in Dallas, TX.
- Height:Â 6’4″
- Weight:Â 319
- College:Â Texas Christian
- Rookie Year:Â 2013
- NFL Experience:Â 4 years
3) Expectations coming into the season:Â Marshall Newhouse entered the 2013 season expected to compete for the starting right tackle spot with Don Barclay. Â Newhouse would be looking to regain his mojo and some of the promise he flashed early in his career.
4) Playerâ€™s highlights/low-lights: Lowlights? Any game he played a significant number of snaps. In 2.5 games as a starter against the Eagles, Giants and Vikings, Newhouse was credited with a combined 16 QB hits/hurries/sacks. Highlights? Being inactive in 7 games.
5) Playerâ€™s contribution to the overall team success:Â Played a total of 261 snaps with two starts when Barclay was injured. Was mysteriously insert at guard for a few plays against the Lions and was then quickly benched.
6) Playerâ€™s contributions in the playoffs: Played 11 snaps after Baktiari suffered a concussion in the 4th quarter. Did nothing of substance, but also did nothing that really hurt the Packers in that short stint.
Season Report Card:
(F) Level of expectations met during the season
(D-) Contributions to teamâ€™s overall success.
(C) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: Â D-----------
Jersey Al Bracco is the founder and editor of AllGreenBayPackers.com, and the co-founder of Packers Talk Radio Network. He is a PFWA member who can be heard as one of the Co-Hosts on Cheesehead Radio and is the Green Bay Packers Draft Analyst for Drafttek.com.