As Packers fans, we know how we view our team and their NFC North Rivals. But I’d guess most of us are curious as to how opposing fans view the same subjects. So to find out, one of our regular readers/commenters here, Jesse Cook (aka Bearmeat) contacted a few friends who are (somewhat) sane fans of our Division rivals and peppered them (pun intended) with questions about our team and theirs.
First up, Chicago Bears:
1. Let’s start big picture here: What is the fan perception of the Bears organization in the next 5 years? Where is the arrow pointing? Do you approve of the job Emery and Trestman have done so far?
- “In Emery we Trest”. That seems to be the motto amongst most Bears fans in town these days. I would say that the fan perception of the Bears is that this organization has finally joined the modern era of football, both from a General Manager and Coaching standpoint. As every failed player from the Lovie/Angelo Era is shed, more positivitiy takes its There is much optimism for the near future of this organization as Emery and Trestman continue their growth together.
2. What do Bears fans think about the Cutler contract? Seems like a t for (so far) middling production?
- Cutler has and will always be a polarizing topic in Chicago. There is some reason for optimism for his 2014-15 season. Another year under the high-powered Trestman offense, an improved offensive line, most of his top offensive weapons back.
- In regards to Cutler’s contract, I think it’s beneficial for both sides. For the Bears, it gives them options on how to handle their future at QB. It’s basically a 3 year deal (average $18 mil a year *cough*), giving the Bears the option to turn it into a 4-7 year deal as they choose. If they like what Cutler is doing, they can stick with him, or if they don’t they can cut him. Or maybe they bring him back for an extra year as they groom a potential new QB. So yes, there’s a lot of money to be handed out the next three years, but they have plenty of wiggle room after that.
3. A lot of Packer fans wanted Shea McClellin at ROLB 2 years ago. Yo got him and he hasn’t worked out at RDE, so he’s now moving to SLB. How does he look?