Jerel Worthy 2013 Green Bay Packers Evaluation and Report Card
1) Introduction: Jerel Worthy made it back from a late-season ACL injury suffered in 2012. He didn’t do anything upon returning, but simply making it back onto the field so soon was more than most people expected.
- Age:Â 23
- Born:Â 4/28/1990 in Huber Heights, OH
- Height:Â 6’2″
- Weight:Â 308
- College:Â Michigan St.
- Rookie Year:Â 2012
- NFL Experience:Â 2 years
3) Expectations coming into the season:Â Get healthy. I don’t think anybody expected Worthy to play a snap, but he made it all the way back and saw some game action.
4) Playerâ€™s highlights/low-lights:Â Walking onto the field to play against the Vikings in week 12 — less than a year removed from a major ACL injury — is a very impressive highlight. We’ll find out next season if Worthy’s highlights go beyond returning from a serious injury.
5) Playerâ€™s contribution to the overall team success:Â It’s tough to contribute when you’re injured. If Worthy is to have a successful NFL career, it will probably come as a Mike Daniels type of player — someone who is explosive enough to rush the passer from the inside but might be a little undersized to anchor gaps in the run defense.
6) Playerâ€™s contributions in the playoffs: Worthy only played two snaps in the postseason.
Season Report Card:
(Incomplete) Level of expectations met during the season
(Incomplete) Contributions to teamâ€™s overall success.
(Incomplete) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: Â IncompleteÂ (kudos to Worthy for working to return so soon, but there isn’t enough there to give him a proper grade)â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”