1) Introduction: Jerel Worthy made it back from a late-season ACL injury suffered in 2012. He didn’t do anything upon returning, but simply making it back onto the field so soon was more than most people expected.
- Age: 23
- Born: 4/28/1990 in Huber Heights, OH
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 308
- College: Michigan St.
- Rookie Year: 2012
- NFL Experience: 2 years
3) Expectations coming into the season: Get healthy. I don’t think anybody expected Worthy to play a snap, but he made it all the way back and saw some game action.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Walking onto the field to play against the Vikings in week 12 — less than a year removed from a major ACL injury — is a very impressive highlight. We’ll find out next season if Worthy’s highlights go beyond returning from a serious injury.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: It’s tough to contribute when you’re injured. If Worthy is to have a successful NFL career, it will probably come as a Mike Daniels type of player — someone who is explosive enough to rush the passer from the inside but might be a little undersized to anchor gaps in the run defense.
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: Worthy only played two snaps in the postseason.
Season Report Card:
(Incomplete) Level of expectations met during the season
(Incomplete) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(Incomplete) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: Incomplete (kudos to Worthy for working to return so soon, but there isn’t enough there to give him a proper grade)——————
Adam Czech is a a freelance sports reporter living in the Twin Cities and a proud supporter of American corn farmers. When not working, Adam is usually writing about, thinking about or worrying about the Packers. Follow Adam on Twitter. Twitter .