- Myles White, WR Louisiana Tech
- 6’1”/182 lbs
- Hometown – Livonia, Michigan
- 40 yard: 4.42
- 20 yard: 2.55
- 10 yard: 1.53
- Bench: 11
- Vertical: 37.5″
- Broad: 121”
- Shuttle: 4.15
- 3-cone: 6.90
White was voted Second Team All-Western Athletic Conference (Coaches selection) in 2012. He was the pass receiving sidekick to Quinton Patton in Tech’s high-powered, conference-leading offense. White caught 56 passes for 718 yards and six touchdowns as a senior. White started his college career at Michigan State, but was involved in several off-field incidents. White decided he needed a change of scenery, so he transferred to Northwest Mississippi Community College, where he was sixth in the nation in receptions at the JUCO level. After spending a year there, White accepted Louisiana State’s offer and had a solid two seasons for the Bulldogs.
Video: (adult language warning…)
- A legitimate deep threat that can accelerate past defensive backs.
- Seems adept at finding the open spaces in the field.
- Has very effective moves to pick up extra yards after the catch. Will shake and bake to create some space, then accelerate downfield.
- Appears to have a fairly slight build. Will need to get stronger to combat NFL press coverage.
- Initial small area burst is impressive, and backs up his fine 20yd shuttle time.
- Sometimes catches the ball into his body when he doesn’t need to.
- Shows very good ball awareness and uses his vertical leaping ability to his advantage.
Packers rationale: Ted Thompson definitely had speed on his mind when he signed White and drafted Charles Johnson and Kevin Dorsey. The Packers are obviously looking to fill one of their open receiver spots with a legitimate deep threat who can extend the field and create open spaces underneath for the dynamic trio of Cobb, Nelson and Jones. White would seem to fit the bill, but I have concerns about his size (Randall Cobb at only 5’10” weighs 10lbs more than White). If healthy, I expect Charles Johnson to be the guy who wins the speed wide receiver spot (I like his other attributes better), but White is the kind of guy the Packers will gladly keep on the practice squad and put him to work in the weight room.——————
Jersey Al Bracco is the founder and editor of AllGreenBayPackers.com, and the co-founder of Packers Talk Radio Network. He can be heard as one of the Co-Hosts on Cheesehead Radio and is the Green Bay Packers Draft Analyst for Drafttek.com.