As the 2013 NFL Draft is about to begin, here are some things that have been whispered into my ear as well as some of my own opinions and predictions.
- Whisper: If there is one player the Packers would consider trading up for, it’s Sheldon Richardson. 49ers talking to Jets about the same thing…
- Prediction: The Packers will draft a running back and/or wide receiver between Rounds two and four.
- Opinion: If a trading partner can be found (49ers? Pats?) Packers should trade back a bit and pick up another third rounder.
- Whisper: Top running back on the Packers’ board is Johnathan Franklin, UCLA.
- Whisper: I was told to “expect a surprise” in the first round by the Packers. No more details than that, unfortunately. Trade up? Kevin Minter (who they love)? Robert Woods? Tank Carradine?
- Prediction: There is no way the Packers come out of this draft without taking a running back.
- Opinion: Two mid-round safeties the Packers should be going after are JJ Wilcox of Georgia Southern and Duke Williams of Nevada.
- Whisper: Packers have done “a ton of research” on Kevin Minter, Stedman Bailey, Johnathan Franklin, Le’Veon Bell, JJ Wilcox, Dwayne Gratz, AJ Klein, Ryan Griffin.
- Prediction: Johnathan Franklin or Le’Veon Bell will be a Green Bay Packer.
- Opinion: Seriously hoping Ted trades down and amasses 4 picks in the top 100…
Overall, I have much less confidence in my thoughts above than in previous years. I think that’s fairly emblematic of this entire draft – there is so much uncertainty throughout the league – very tough to predict this year.——————
Jersey Al Bracco is the founder and editor of AllGreenBayPackers.com, and the co-founder of Packers Talk Radio Network. He can be heard as one of the Co-Hosts on Cheesehead Radio and is the Green Bay Packers Draft Analyst for Drafttek.com.