1) Introduction: Packers guard Josh Sitton was one player on the offensive line that you didn’t have to worry about. He showed up every week and turned in good games. If Sitton stays healthy, I’m looking forward to the right side of the offensive line next season, whether Sitton is paired with Bryan Bulaga or Don Barclay.
- Age: 26
- Born: 06/06/1986 in Pensacola, Fla.
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 318
- College: Central Florida
- Rookie Year: 2008
- NFL Experience: 5 years
3) Expectations coming into the season: There were a few nagging injuries that bothered Sitton throughout 2011. The Packers needed a healthy Sitton to re-establish himself as the anchor of this offensive line, and he delivered.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Sitton played every single snap and went 100 percent on each one. If DuJuan Harris is given an opportunity to start in 2013, his best bet is to find No. 71 and get behind him. Sitton’s Pro Football Focus run-blocking numbers were just ok once Barclay was put next to him. I though his run-blocking would have been higher paired with a physical player like Barclay.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: According to Bob McGinn, Sitton had just 6 1/2 bad runs in 2012, compared to 17 in 2011. He battled on every play and was one of the few players on the Packers roster that could be labeled as “tough” or “vicious.”
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: It sounds corny, but I’ll always remember Sitton battling with the 49ers late in the fourth quarter when the Packers were all but beaten. He kept going at San Francisco and imploring his teammates to do the same.
Season Report Card:
(A) Level of expectations met during the season
(A) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(A-) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: A-——————
Adam Czech is a a freelance sports reporter living in the Twin Cities and a proud supporter of American corn farmers. When not working, Adam is usually writing about, thinking about or worrying about the Packers. Follow Adam on Twitter. Twitter .