Ranting and Raving About the Packers Loss to the (Refs) Seahawks
No fancy intro to this post. I’m getting straight to the anger and I invite Packers fansÂ to do the same in the comments section.
What pissed you off about last night’s Packers loss to the Seahawks? I’m not looking for one or two things. I’m looking for a laundry list. Let it fly, people.
Here we go:
- I’m pissed at the NFL. My favorite sport is turning into a reality TV show. Joke refs. Labor disputes. Tebowmania. Programming overkill. Putting clown analysts on the air instead of insightful commentators. Joke refs (did I mention that already?). A commissioner that now has less credibility than Bud Selig. Greedy and whiny owners and players. Pete Carroll. Imposter officials (have IÂ mentioned that yet?). That’s pretty much all the elements of a reality TV show that appeals to the lowest common denominator of society instead of positioning itself for long-term sustainability and success by actually caring about its product.
- I’m pissed at people who utter the following sentence (Beavis and Butthead voice): “Yeah, uh, uh, the calls were bad, but uh, uh, the Packers shouldn’t have put themselves in that situation, uh, uh, they should’ve put the game away earlier.”Â Shut up. What situation are you talking about? The one where the PackersÂ intercepted Russell Wilson on the last drive, only to have it overturned on a phantom roughing theÂ passer call? The one where the Packers had SeattleÂ at 1st andÂ forever on the final drive, only to see it all blown up on a ridiculous pass interference call that should’ve gone against the offense? The one whereÂ M.D. Jennings intercepted the final pass, only toÂ Â have it called a Seahawks touchdown? Are those the situations you’re talking about?Â The SeahawksÂ are a helluva team. At this point of the season, no team is going to waltz intoÂ their stadium and blow them away. People that use the “Packers should not have been in that situation line” have no idea how difficult it is to win on the road against a tough defense in the NFL.
- I’m pissed at Jay Cutler. He didn’t do anything wrongÂ last night. I’m just always mad at Jay Cutler.
- I’m pissed at Pete Carroll and Golden Tate. You’re enabling this farce to continue by not at least subtly acknowledging that this win is tainted. Show a little common sense.
- I’m pissed at Mike McCarthy. Why did it take you an entire half to make necessary and obvious adjustments? Why were you so damn classy after the game? I know I’ll appreciate the classiness in the long run, but for now, I’m mad.
- I’m pissed at the real refs. Most of them have other jobs that do more thanÂ adequately pay the bills. They get to spend their Sundays traveling around the country reffing NFL games AND getting paid for it. But it’s not good enough for them. They want to milk the cash cow for every last penny, ruining the league in the process.
- I’m pissed at NFL owners. Your product is on the road to becoming an alternate version of professional wrestling, and your quibbling with the refs over a few bucks. You are all billionaires. BILLIONAIRES! Pay the refs and start building back what credibility you’ve lost.
- I’m pissed that the one franchise without a billionaire owner ended up being the franchise that got screwed by thisÂ ref debacle.
- I’m pissed at the football gods. We kept hearing all season that the replacements would eventually end up costing a team a game. The Packers had a 1 in 32 chance of being that team. They ended up being that team. Why football gods? Why?
- I’m pissed at myself. For continuing to watch this crap. I can’t help myself, though. Will there ever be a breaking point? I doubt it. I’m an idiot.
- I’m pissed at Donald Driver. Don’t drop touchdown passes.
- I’m pissed at the offensive line. Eight sacks in the first half? Really?
- I’m pissed at Aaron Rodgers. Throw the damn ball, already.
- I’m pissed at the replacement refs. Yeah, yeah, I know that’s the point of this entire post, but hear me out. Quit treating these fools with kid gloves. How hard is it to see that Shields didn’t interfere with Sidney Rice on that last drive? How hard is it to see that Jennings had the ball and Tate only had an arm on it? How hard is it to not allow teams extra challenges, timeouts and yards each and every week? These guys aren’t planning a space shuttle launch. They’re reffing a football game. It shouldn’t be as difficult as they’re making it.
- I’m pissed that the Packers lost.
Ok, I’m at 767 words. That’s enough for now. Today is a day to rant and rave, Packers fans. Thank you for allowing me to do it.
I’ll (hopefully) return tomorrow and Thursday with some actual insight about the game and where the 1-2 Packers stand at this early point in the season.
But for now, it’s time to be pissed off. Join me in the comments section if you feel the same.â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”