1) Introduction: With the security of a new contract and inspiration from our own Jersey Al, Mason Crosby had an excellent season. Hopefully it’s a giant step in the right direction for Crosby and not a one-year occurrence.
Mason Walker Crosby
Weight: 207 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season: Step up. Packers fans were sick of hearing about Crosby’s powerful leg and all his untapped ability. They wanted to see that ability actually tapped. For the most part, Crosby delivered.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Field goals of 56 and 58 yards against the Falcons and Vikings, respectively, stand out. So do all of Crosby’s booming kickoffs. He faded a bit down the stretch in the field goal department, missing two of his last three attempts.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: As impressive as Crosby’s 85.7 field-goal percentage was, perhaps just as impressive was his career high 65-yard kickoff average. Kick coverage has been a sore spot for the Packers recently, but Crosby’s booming kicks deep in the end zone made sure the Packers didn’t have to worry too much about coverage breakdowns.
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: It would have been nice if Crosby could have saved one of his excellent onside kicks for the playoff loss. Oh well. He did make both of his field goal attempts in the playoff game, however.
Season Report Card:
(B+) Level of expectations met during the season
(B) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(B-) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: B——————
Adam Czech is a a freelance sports reporter living in the Twin Cities and a proud supporter of American corn farmers. When not working, Adam is usually writing about, thinking about or worrying about the Packers. Follow Adam on Twitter. Twitter .