1) Introduction: The forgotten man in the outside linebacker corps, many people forgot that Jones filled in admirably for Aaron Kampman after he was placed on IR in 2009. Unfortunately, Jones himself was placed on IR during the 2010 season and was promptly forgotten. Jones slowly worked his way back into the rotation due to his availability and good special teams play.
Brandon Edward Jones
Weight: 242 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season for that player: Very low: After getting passed by Frank Zombo and Erik Walden during the 2010 season after being placed on IR, Jones was on the outside looking in at outside linebacker and there was some talk of converting him to inside linebacker when Nick Barnett and Brandon Chillar were both released
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Jones’ highlight essentially comprises getting the nod as the starter for outside linebacker during the playoffs. Unfortunately, essentially the rest of the season is his lowlight where he didn’t see much time on the field outside of special teams.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: Next to nothing; Jones played sparingly outside of special teams during the regular season but active in all but 1 game. Jones posted 17 tackles and no sacks during the regular season
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: Surprisingly high; a bit of a surprise starter during the playoffs, the Packers benched long time starter Erik Walden in favor of Jones and he posted 1 sack and 4 tackles against the Giants and was generally solid against the run.
Season Report Card:
(C) Level of expectations met during the season
(D) Contributions to team’s overall success
(B) Player’s contributions in the playoffs
Overall Grade for the year: C-