- Whisper: The Packers love Mark Ingram. They wouldn’t hesitate to take him if he gets past New England. Unless…
- Whisper: …Derrick Sherrod were to fall into their lap. Then he’s the guy. BTW, this would make me VERY happy. Sherrod is my #2 LOT in the draft.
- Opinion: For that matter, Sherrod is one of only 2-3 players the Packers should consider a trade up into the mid-late 20s for.
- Whisper: The Packers like Akeem Ayers more than Brooks Reed. (Except for Kevin Greene)
- Prediction: The Packers will take a wide receiver in rounds 2-4.
- Prediction: The Packers will take a QB in rounds 5-7.
- Opinion: This should be the year Green Bay breaks out of it’s disdain for small wide receivers. Give me Jernigan or Cobb – the GB offense would be practically illegal with one of those guys as new weapons for Aaron Rodgers.
- Whisper: Cameron Heyward is a serious possibility if Sherrod and Ayers are both gone.
- Whisper: The Packers have their eyes on a few hard-hitting lesser-known safeties in the later rounds.
- Opinion: The Packers should use one of their seventh round picks on a kicker (only Henery and Forbath would warrant it.)
Jersey Al Bracco is the founder and editor of AllGreenBayPackers.com, and the co-founder of Packers Talk Radio Network. He can be heard as one of the Co-Hosts on Cheesehead Radio and is the Green Bay Packers Draft Analyst for Drafttek.com.